A vacation helps in reducing stress but it can also mess up the healthy fitness regimen we maintain at home. It is difficult to stick to a routine while being away from home. If we are a foodie traveller then it is even more difficult to maintain a routine and resist all the new local delicacies. But there are ways in which will not interrupt our healthy habits.
Here is an easy guide full of tips and tricks to solve this problem.
1. Take the stairs and sight-seeing by foot – we should always avoid elevators and take steps where ever possible. It is an easy way to work inactivity into our day and burn calories. We can plan our activities around walkable areas. Visit parks, discover hiking trails and all other places where we can wrack and take long walks. It is not just a great way to stay healthy but also a great way to experience a destination like a local.
2. Taking comfortable shoes and clothes – it is important to make sure that we take comfortable shoes. Without proper shoes, we won’t be able to walk anywhere. We should pack loose yoga pants, workout shorts and a few t-shirts so that we can go quick jogs or workout easily whenever possible.
3. Start the day with a run – jogging through a place we have never been before isn’t easy there is always a risk of getting lost. But at the same time, it is a great way to cover more ground faster and see some of the most popular tourist attractions in less time. All this is a part of the big fun.
4. Wake up early in the morning – on one likes to wake up early in the morning during vacations but waking up early can be very helpful. The chances of working out in the morning before most of the tourist sites are open are far greater than doing this at night after a long day of exploring the city. If we are travelling to place with the time difference, the best way to adjust to the new time zone is by waking up early.
5. Pick a fit hotel – we are staying in a hotel then we should choose a hotel that includes a fitness centre. Every morning before we get ready to explore we can spend some time in this centre. It is an easy way to exercise and will give us energy throughout the day. An early workout means we will be more motivated to eat more healthy throughout the day.
6. Checking out local gyms and fitness events – we can join a town’s athletic tradition it will also give us a taste of local culture and it is also a way to meet new people with the same mindset. We can make such events as a part of our trip. It will keep us fit, help in networking; give energy and motivation for the day.
7. Basic workouts we can do anywhere in the world – there are various activities which we can do anywhere in the world and will help us stay fit like jogging, riding a bicycle, hiking or taking walks. It is not possible to stick to our routine but we should always try to complete at least 50% of our regular exercise.
8. Wearing a fitness tracker – investing in a smart tracker can be helpful as it will help us keep tabs on our steps. We can get targets and walk accordingly. It also acts as a motivation to workout.
So to stay fit while travelling we must walk and exercise it will keep our body active, motivated and energetic. We should never leave any chance of taking walks.