Renowned as ‘Little Tibet’ amongst some, and popular because the ‘cold desert mountain valley’ amongst others. Spiti is undoubtedly a paradise on earth. Be it its many attractions or be it the items to try to to in Spiti Valley. This beautiful gem in Himachal has surprises for each sort of holiday that’s ever been on your mind. Here are 12 Delightful Places To See On Your Next Trip To Ki...
Road trips are a very adventurous and exciting way to travel. These trips are a cost-effective way to see all the distinctive sights and landmarks spread across a place. We can feel and get through the air of the place. Road trips require proper budgeting to get our money’s worth for every mile we travel. Road trips prove to be a great way to spend our breaks. A diplomatic and cost-effective road trip will give us amazing experience without hampering our saving.
Ways to save money
- Save big on snacks – snacks take up a large part of a road trip. In place of buying a new packet of chips or another snack every few miles, we should buy our snacks in bulk from a big store before we start the journey. We can arrange for a small and cheap cooler in the vehicle in which we are travelling to store some snacks and cold beverages.
- Take care of accommodations – if we want to save money we should always be strict with the accommodation plan. We just always pre-book in hotels, motels, vacation rentals etc. at their best prices. Before booking, we must check and consider all the options available which may include public parks where we can put tents and that would be cheaper than any hotel.
- No to drive through – food drains our road trip money very easily. So we should avoid stopping at drive-through. Instead of a drive-through we must stop by grocery stores to have cheap meal options.
- Avoid luxuries – if we get an option to put tents then we should do that and avoid hotels and other luxuries. This would save a large part of our budget. We can even sleep in our cars or have proper camping plans with the whole group.
- Stop for cheapest gas- refuelling can make or break our road trip budget. We can use our smartphones to know about the cheapest gas stations and stop by them. We can download various free gas apps.
- Make most out of the miles – there are various ways to score extra miles which involves using high-quality gas, watching speed, no A/C, keeping the tires properly inflated and having the vehicle serviced before starting the journey.
- Plan on parking – most of the cities today charge for parking fees so to not spend much on parking we must have the idea about the place’s free or cheap parking spaces. We must always be aware of the parking rule of the place we are going to and RV drivers need to pre-plan their parking for cheap spaces.
- Inspect the vehicle before starting – road trips put a lot of strain on the vehicle so we must change the oil and get the vehicle inspected for possible issues before starting. Repairs during the journey would be expensive than repairs at the home shops. A healthy vehicle will take us to our destination instead of costing us the whole trip so it’s better to check it before we start.
- Try not to get tickets – getting tickets can spoil our entire day or trip and can lead to future tensions and headaches id we are away from our house. Avoiding them isn’t that difficult all we need to do this follow the rules and be in the limit.
- Avoid tolls – earlier it was difficult to avoid tolls but today our smartphones and their mapping software help us avoid tolls and paid-use roadways. If avoiding tolls makes the distance longer than we consider transponder or appropriate quick pass so that we can use tolls at a cheaper rate.
If we don’t maintain a budget and spend all our saving on the trip at the end of the day all the enjoyment and fun would be converted into regret and sadness.